"Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry
The music we have been focusing on class has been vastly different from one another. The psychedelic rock is vastly different from disco and the audiences are very different too. I know some people don't like disco, but I do! Which is one reason I love this song. It is honestly such a bop. I could find myself dancing to this even on the saddest of days. I definitely think that the audience of this song is dance clubs and for the youth/young adults, and possibly even to those who don't like disco/funk in order to convince them to like it.
I definitely love the little random shouts from the main singer and the vibe of the entire song. I love the bass line and main focus being on that and the kick drum. I think that's a huge characteristic of funk music. My favorite lyric from the song is "Got to stop to feelin' so low, and I decided quickly (yes, I did) to disco down and check out the show". I just love disco already and this song is talking about someone who left behind rock n' roll for disco because it would make them feel better. I definitely know when I listen to disco and funk music I feel a lot better and I always want to dance.

Hello, Natalie. I am Kaleb Elliot. I love that you've heard the song "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton. Moreover, I think the song "Play That Funky Music" by Wild Cherry that you have heard is very interesting, because this song belongs to the punk music genre. And this song rings very exciting and happy to me, because the singer of this song is relaxing and shouting as one pleases, which has infected the lively atmosphere of this song. Therefore, I think this song is very vogue music (89 words).
ReplyDeleteHey great post this week! And I'm going to have to completely agree with you. I know not everyone likes this style but the groove of the song just makes you want to get up and dance. I love this song, I used to always jam out to it with one of my friends back in high school.
ReplyDelete