"Jump" by Van Halen
The funny thing about this song, is when we learned about it in class, Van Halen was the last group I thought would be the artist. In my mind Van Halen had only hard core rock songs, and Jump is not a very hardcore rock song, at least to me. The song has more of a pop and upbeat feel and the places I've seen it used (like in movies during the scenes where they're getting ready for a party or something like that). The music video, however, shows a lot more of the hard core rock side of the band in their outfits (especially all the animal print) and in their dancing and actions.
I love the synth in the back and I love the drums in this song. It's so lively and the whole vibe just goes well together. MY favorite line is the first one: "I get up, and nothing gets me down." I just feel like that being the first line of this song sets a happy and positive mood. I would definitely listen to this song while having a bad day and wanting to be cheered up. I think the audience would be anyone, whether you're old or young, this song would be for anyone who wants a good tune to listen or dance to.

Hi Natalie! I totally agree with your assessment of this song. I was also confused as to why this song was chosen for this class. I really enjoy the synth in this song, and I think it completely changes the tone of the song. I completely agree that this song is a great one to dance and be happy to. Great job!
ReplyDeleteNatalie, I completely agree with you with the synth and the drums. The synth in this song is one of the first times I heard it used, and I loved it almost right away. I also agree with your point that this song is for anyone, even if you're not into Van Halen or rock, this song is still enjoyable to listen to.
ReplyDelete