"Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton

 This week was super difficult to choose a song because I love them all! I love Joni Mitchell and Carole King and Elton John and Marvin Gaye, John Denver, Chicago, Stevie Wonder and well, you get the gist. But I absolutely love this song by Dolly Parton and wanted to talk about it this week! This song is so nice to listen to. Her voice and the melody is so pretty and upbeat, but not too upbeat. It's definitely country, but also gives some pop vibes. I love the soft background vocals throughout the chorus and the small guitar solos throughout it. 

My favorite line is "Here you come again, lookin' better than a body has a right to and shakin' me up so that all I really know is here you come again and here I go." I really just love that line and I think it's funny, but also gives me an idea of what the guy she's singing about is like. I fell like the audience of the song is mainly for women 16 and up, but honestly I feel that anyone would listen to it, as long as they didn't completely hate country music. But also, I feel like this song isn't super country, because it doesn't have a ton of twang or country-themed lyrics. I think Dolly did that often. She wrote a lot of country songs, but she also wrote other songs that felt more like pop or rock, like 9 to 5.



Comments

  1. Hello, Natalie. I am Kaleb Elliot. I love that you've heard the song "Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton, because this song sounds good. Also, the sound and melody of this song is so wonderful and active, however this song is not very optimistic. which is a type of country music, and it's also combined with some pop music elements and atmosphere. This song is famous all over the world because it ranked third on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States in the late 1970s. And this song has won the Grammy Parton Award for best country female vocal performance, which has sold 271000 digital copies in the United States. Therefore the achievements of this song made me feel amazing and excited (125 words).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Choo Choo Ch'Boogie by Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five

You Can’t Hurry Love by the Supremes