Choo Choo Ch'Boogie by Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five
This song is so fun and upbeat! I loved the trumpets in the song and their little call and response to the singer (aka Louis Jordan). I think it also helps that this group performed a lot together, so the timing of the trumpets, and other instruments, and singing were perfectly lined up. I think this song definitely evokes good and positive feelings. I think that is also makes you want to dance. This is mainly because of the uptempo beat and the mainly major chords.
The target audience would be young people who like to dance, in my mind, but I could also see if being geared to adults fo dinner parties. This would also be a song I would imagine that would come on the radio a lot during its time period (the 40s and postwar era). I like that this song is easy to dance to and I would listen to it with some of the other songs I listen to.
My favorite part is right at the end when they al sing "take me right back to the track!" I like that they all join in together and the rhyming scheme in that last line. It's also a good punch to end the song.

When listening to this song in class, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit an it had a very up beat tune and was pleasent to listen to. So i definatly agree with you that the tune is up beat and fun. I think the group performed this song very well together.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts on this song! I think it's super cool how you mentioned that this group frequently performed together. I agree that their dedication to practicing enhanced the overall song. You can tell that the group works really well together, and that is clearly evident in the success of their music.
ReplyDeleteHi Natalie, I totally agree with you. The song has an upbeat tone and makes you want to join in on the fun. The song seems like it could be played at parties directed towards adults and even kids.
DeleteI totally agree with you on that the call and response with the trumpets and the singer it is one of my favorite parts of the song. I never thought about how the band playing together all the time would have helped the song blend together so well. You did a great job with this analysis.
ReplyDelete