Taking a Chance on Love! with Good Old Benny Goodman

 THIS SONG. I don't know why but I absolutely love the tune of this song and the beat and chord progression and just everything. It literally transports me into a movie from the 40s. It definitely would fit in the style of some of my favorite songs. The singers voice reminds me a lot of another singers voice that I really like. Her name is Margaret Whiting and she sounds a lot like Helen Frost in this piece. I also love the clarinet parts towards the beginning that gives a little flair to that particular instrument, which isn't really a big thing nowadays. I also like that there seems to be two different tracks, at least in the version I heard. One track is more muffled (maybe the original) and then the other instruments come in with a little more power and clearer tone. But I really love the contrast between the two. 

I really admire the use of lyrics when Helen sings: "Here I slide again, about to take that ride again. Starry-eyed again, takin' a chance on love." As she sings she is sliding the notes and the 'starry-eyed' is definitely a feeling I get while listening to this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Choo Choo Ch'Boogie by Louis Jordan and the Tympany Five

"Here You Come Again" by Dolly Parton

You Can’t Hurry Love by the Supremes