This blog will mostly be my postings of music I listen to and opinions I have about certain songs, eras of music, and artists! Feel free to comment and add your own views!
This song is so fun and upbeat! I loved the trumpets in the song and their little call and response to the singer (aka Louis Jordan). I think it also helps that this group performed a lot together, so the timing of the trumpets, and other instruments, and singing were perfectly lined up. I think this song definitely evokes good and positive feelings. I think that is also makes you want to dance. This is mainly because of the uptempo beat and the mainly major chords. The target audience would be young people who like to dance, in my mind, but I could also see if being geared to adults fo dinner parties. This would also be a song I would imagine that would come on the radio a lot during its time period (the 40s and postwar era). I like that this song is easy to dance to and I would listen to it with some of the other songs I listen to. My favorite part is right at the end when they al sing "take me right back to the track!" I like that they all join in together and the rhyming ...
This week was super difficult to choose a song because I love them all! I love Joni Mitchell and Carole King and Elton John and Marvin Gaye, John Denver, Chicago, Stevie Wonder and well, you get the gist. But I absolutely love this song by Dolly Parton and wanted to talk about it this week! This song is so nice to listen to. Her voice and the melody is so pretty and upbeat, but not too upbeat. It's definitely country, but also gives some pop vibes. I love the soft background vocals throughout the chorus and the small guitar solos throughout it. My favorite line is "Here you come again, lookin' better than a body has a right to and shakin' me up so that all I really know is here you come again and here I go." I really just love that line and I think it's funny, but also gives me an idea of what the guy she's singing about is like. I fell like the audience of the song is mainly for women 16 and up, but honestly I feel that anyone would listen to it, as lon...
Okay, I wont lie. It was really hard to choose a song for this because I love them all and could talk about them for forever!! But I went with “You Can’t Hurry Love” by the Supremes because I love their sound and I love their song! When I first heard this song, it was actually Phil Collins version. They’re pretty much the same, but they differ a little. First is in the Supremes’ version, there’s several voices and different background shouts going on (like during the chorus). I love the tambourine in the back during the entire thing and at one point it even gets a solo! The drum is also really good in this because it’s different than most drums in a song. Instead of being played the entire time, the main percussion instrument holding the tempo is the tambourine. At one point the drum cuts out and comes back in to emphasize the singer coming in! My fav line is “how long must I wait, how much more can I take, before loneliness will cause my heart, heart to break?” because it w...
Comments
Post a Comment